Making a list that I’ll update from time to time so that I don’t lose track of these interviews. Happy to take more suggestions!
(1) Julie Rehmeyer on Wild about Math:
Julie Rehmeyer’s “Inspired by Math” interview
What’s always stuck with me from this interview is the story that begins around 31:30 and in particular the part beginning around 34:40 about proving that 0 + 0 = 0. It is a beautiful lesson about learning math.
(2) Nalini Joshi on the Australian TV show “The Weekly”
This is a stunning interview.
(3) Ken Ribet interviewd by Numberphile
Anyone wondering what research math is like – and especially anyone looking to go to graduate school in math so watch this video:
(4) The story about Paul Erdos on Relatively Prime
Moving in a different way that the Nalini Joshi interview, but I was captivated for the entire hour of this interview. Ron Graham’s stories are just incredible:
Relatively Prime’s story about Paul Erdos
(5) Ed Frenkel interviewed by Numberphile
(6) Steven Strogatz interviewed by Kara Miller